Thursday, September 19, 2013

39 Weeks

Come on baby.  We are ready for you to arrive!

The good news is that I am making progress!  For those of you who understand OB/pregnancy language, last Tuesday I was at 0% effacement and 0 cm dilated.  This week when I went in I was 50% effaced and 2-3 cm dilated.  Wohooo! Slowly, but surely I am on my way to delivery.  I am more optimistic now that she will arrive on time.  Last week I was so disappointed when I left my appointment and I was convinced that I needed to just schedule an induction then and there, which they won't let me do until I am 41 weeks...which seems very far away!  At our hospital you have to be 4 cm dilated to be admitted so I am hoping that by the time my real contractions start, I will be at 4cm.

This week I am:

Looking forward to: Meeting this little girl! I am picking Sunday as her date of arrival.  And wearing my regular clothes again.  I am so envious of all the cute photos of everyone in their Fall clothes and the new styles that are out.  Although I will miss maternity pants and jeans...so comfortable!
Not looking forward to: Labor, childbirth, postpartum, learning how to breastfeed.  Everyone says that you are so preoccupied with a new baby that it's not that bad though.
Pregnancy:  I'm looking forward to not being pregnant anymore, having mobility, getting my body back, and many more, but I will miss all the kicks and flutters.  It is truly a miracle that I have been growing another human being in there for the last 39 weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment