I just read a blog I love to follow and feel like I can relate to so well! She had twin girls a month before I had Kaylee and one of her daughters is so similar to Kaylee. She did a great job describing her, so i am stealing some of this from her.
For those of you who have not met Kaylee yet, you are in for a treat! We love every piece of her, but she is not exactly what you would call an easy baby. That being said, she never ceases to entertain and amaze us, every day!
Kaylee Marie- She is a firecracker, that is for sure! She knows what she wants, and she wants it NOW! She is a little more high maintenance than most babies, and she loves attention. She is quite captivating – you can’t help but love her! She wants to be walked, held, and entertained all the time. She is a ball of energy and is so alert when she is awake. Her eyes get so wide and she wants to take everything in. We call her “princess” because of those personality traits. Kaylee likes things to the max. We bought an automatic bouncer the first week we were home and Mike joked that we needed to buy a bungy bouncer that attached to the ceiling so she could really bounce. She also has to have the swing on the highest level so she gets a full 180 degree effect. Her favorite activity is playing Superman, where we hold her butt and neck and lift her up and down. I have developed some nice triceps thanks to her as well! She works herself up so much sometimes, and that is the only thing that ever calms her down enough to be put back down.
Girl also cannot live without her pacifier. I keep saying I want to strap a harness around it because I constantly have to put it back in her mouth. Oh wait, Mike did try using her headband to keep it in her mouth one time, but it only lasted about 20 seconds.
In between all this activity, Kaylee is quite the snuggler. She loves to curl up on your chest and have you stroke her back as she falls asleep. We also learned this weekend that she loves to cuddle with other babies. We were over at a friend's house who have a 3 month old. We put them in the swing together and she ate it up! She loved being all warm and cozy next to him.
And amidst it all, I am enjoying every day with her. It's always a new adventure and I am getting quite good at entertaining a 6 week old and changing activities every 10-15 minutes :)
For those of you who have not met Kaylee yet, you are in for a treat! We love every piece of her, but she is not exactly what you would call an easy baby. That being said, she never ceases to entertain and amaze us, every day!
Kaylee Marie- She is a firecracker, that is for sure! She knows what she wants, and she wants it NOW! She is a little more high maintenance than most babies, and she loves attention. She is quite captivating – you can’t help but love her! She wants to be walked, held, and entertained all the time. She is a ball of energy and is so alert when she is awake. Her eyes get so wide and she wants to take everything in. We call her “princess” because of those personality traits. Kaylee likes things to the max. We bought an automatic bouncer the first week we were home and Mike joked that we needed to buy a bungy bouncer that attached to the ceiling so she could really bounce. She also has to have the swing on the highest level so she gets a full 180 degree effect. Her favorite activity is playing Superman, where we hold her butt and neck and lift her up and down. I have developed some nice triceps thanks to her as well! She works herself up so much sometimes, and that is the only thing that ever calms her down enough to be put back down.
Girl also cannot live without her pacifier. I keep saying I want to strap a harness around it because I constantly have to put it back in her mouth. Oh wait, Mike did try using her headband to keep it in her mouth one time, but it only lasted about 20 seconds.
In between all this activity, Kaylee is quite the snuggler. She loves to curl up on your chest and have you stroke her back as she falls asleep. We also learned this weekend that she loves to cuddle with other babies. We were over at a friend's house who have a 3 month old. We put them in the swing together and she ate it up! She loved being all warm and cozy next to him.
And amidst it all, I am enjoying every day with her. It's always a new adventure and I am getting quite good at entertaining a 6 week old and changing activities every 10-15 minutes :)


No comments:
Post a Comment