Ekkk! 32 weeks! Today marks a huge milestone in my mind. Less than two months till she is here and only a little over one month until I am full term! Knowing that many multiples are born this early and are healthy makes me more relaxed too. Should I go into preterm labor, there is a very good chance everything would be just fine.
This week the baby is about 4 lbs and 19 inches long. I should get more accurate results at my appointment next week or the following one when do they a full sonogram and exam. She still moves all the time, but the movements now feel much bigger now and she likes to stretch so I feel her butt pushing out one side of my stomach and feet (i think?) on the other side, opposite corner. I keep telling her she is running out of room and her quarters are only going to continue shrinking, but she doesn't get it.
I also need to discuss my options for child birth with the doctor. I'm not sure if I really have many choices and I don't want to get my heart set on anything, but I would like to know how much control I may have over the situation. Really all that matters is that she comes out as safely, but I would appreciate it if the process was as quick and painless as possible (which I think means an epidural, break water, maybe a little pitocin?). Not sure if I can request all that though. We'll see what he says.
Other than feeling huge, I can't really complain too much. Sleep hasn't been too bad, I'm still able to eat everything I like and stay active, heartburn is rare, walking and standing isn't challenging... but I still have 8 weeks to go, so who know how I will feel then.
We attended the childbirth class and infant care last week. Even though I wasn't looking forward to it, I found the childbirth class very helpful. They included a whole chart of positions you can use to move the baby (while in the womb), which is awesome to use even now when I get back pain. So far, it's been working pretty well! I really hope I don't go into back labor though so I should get in the routine of doing these positions and exercises often now. They also went over fake labor vs. real labor and signs to look for. And then they showed the live birth video, which I still refuse to watch. I'm perfectly fine with not knowing how that happens. I've accepted that fact that this baby has to come out of me, but that is all I need to know! Apparently I was the only one that was not interested in watching it, so I sat outside the classroom, like a child in timeout. I was surprised Mike wanted to watch it, since he has delivered babies, but I guess that stuff is always interesting to him.
The infant care class was ok, but nothing I would recommend. We had to leave a little early so we missed how to swaddle, but I think I have enough friends who can teach us that. The other things were just basic.

No comments:
Post a Comment