Monday, May 13, 2013

Nursery Ideas

Now that we know we are having a little girl, the shopping can begin!

I'm trying not to buy clothes just yet, because I know that's what people like to give you at baby showers.  It's so hard though!  There are so many cute dresses, bows, shoes, bloomers... it's hard to resist.  And yes, I will be that mother that dresses their daughter in dresses and bows all the time, at least until they are old enough to tell me that they don't like them (which hopefully never happens).

I started looking at nursery decor and bedding this weekend.  We have a great baby store by our house called Great Beginnings.  It's huge!  They have almost every brand of baby products and plenty of room to test everything out.  I do think it's a little pricey though, so I've used it more for research purposes... and then I come home and find something similar on Amazon.

So far these are the front runners for the nursery, with my pros and cons list:
1)  

Pros: Mix of colors, not too much pink (I wouldn't paint the wall pink). Love the animal theme. It comes with an adorable set of decals that match the quilt. It has owls, Kappa. It's a huge set. And it's all on Amazon so I wouldn't have to worry about buying anything else or trying to match other things.
Cons:  It's really expensive if I were to buy it all.  It's twice as much as the others. Yes, I may be putting it on my registry, but still a lot more than I would expect anyone to spend and I would rather have family get us the big ticket items that we need like the crib, stroller, car seat, ect.  Especially since we are only living in our current home for another 2 years.
2)  

Pros: Still animal theme.  Mike loves monkeys and anything to do with them. I have a thing for animal prints, so I love that it incorporates it.  Green and pink go well with the current pale yellow/beige walls. I could still do white or dark brown furniture. Affordable.
Cons: That diaper sack that comes with it is a waste. Wish there more than just one huge monkey on the quilt.  I'm not sure I would be able to find other items to add to the room that perfectly matched that monkey.
3)  

Pros: Monkey theme.  A little more girly. Love the quilt! It comes with small decals that you can put anywhere on the walls.  It doesn't all have to be put together like the first one. Affordable.
Cons:  A little too pink.  It doesn't come with as much as the other set so again I would have to work on matching other items. I probably wouldn't paint the walls pink, so how would this look in a yellow room?

I'm still looking around, but opinions, votes, and comments welcome!  I do need to decide on something in the next month though so I can add it to my registry before the showers.

Also, crib bumpers.  Yes or no?

1 comment:

  1. No crib bumpers!!!! They are a BIG No for the Pediatric Medical Association. Statistics show that they increase the chance of baby suffocating. But i love all the other ideas, especially the monkey themes! So cute! She'll be your little monkey girl!

    ReplyDelete