Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Baby Showers

I'm so excited.  I just realized that two of my baby showers are less than a month away!  That means I get a little vacation back to the Midwest, hopefully some time at the pool, seeing lots of family and friends, and getting fun stuff for the baby!

I think I have my registries mostly complete, but I'm sure I'm missing some stuff still. I ended up registering at Target, Buybuybaby and Amazon. I'm going registry shopping (if that's a real thing) this Saturday with a couple friends.  One has a 1 year old, so we plan to use her to try out all the cool baby products and another is expecting twins in October, so it should be fun to have an expert and fellow prego friend to shop with.  If you know my husband at all, I'm sure you can guess how fun he is to shop with.  I usually pre-shop before I take him shopping anywhere.  He was a very good sport last weekend though when we went crib and baby carrier shopping.  I had already been there twice alone, so we were able to be in and out in about 30 minutes.

Speaking of showers, both our parents have already given us our baby shower gifts, so we are set with many of the big ticket items!  My mom gave us the Chicco Key Fit 30 Travel system which includes the car seat, car seat base and stroller.  I did a good amount of research on car seats and strollers, and let me tell you, that is intense!  There are so many contradicting reviews and I could believe how expensive some of them were (up to $700+ just for the stroller!!!)  This one seems like the travel set is a better value for what we need and a mid-grade brand should be reliable and durable.


Then my in-laws surprised us with the entire nursery set!  We had talked about which crib I liked, but then last night I was thrilled to find out they ordered the entire set!  I've gone back and forth as to whether I want white or dark brown and have settled on an espresso color.  We decided not to get the changing table though since there is just not room in the baby's bedroom right now.
I think I've finally decided on a nursery theme too.  I'm stuck on the Dena Happi Tree theme (minus the pink walls).  I'm going to get the decals instead of painting the room.  It's a little more pricey than I want to spend, but I was able to find most of the pieces individually sold at Buybuybaby and Amazon so hopefully I'll get some of it at showers.  And I've been clipping Buybuybaby and Bed Bath and Beyond coupons so I can buy whatever I don't get.


Can't wait to see many of you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment